On December 7, at 11:59 pm ET, the NYC Scholastic Awards will close its online portal for entries. Enter your original creations from last school year and this school year before Wednesday, December 7, 2022, 11:59 PM EST by visiting www.artandwriting.org now. Encourage friends, classmates, and family in grades 7–12 who are 13 years or older to enter their art and writing.
As You Enter
- Review the Category Descriptions
- Check out the Scholarships offerings
- Watch Instructional YouTube Videos
Tips from us
- If the ORS interface is not working, refresh the page and take a 15-minute break. Many teens are entering all over the U.S. and it may slow down our server.
- If you have any questions or concerns, visit our FAQ page. If your questions are not answered there, complete the Contact Us form or email us at email@example.com.
- Enter before Wednesday, December 7, 2022. We are Procrastination-Free This Year!
Adele Sin Yee Ho, Living Room Window, Printmaking. Grade 11, Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School, New York, NY. Jewel Ross, Educator. Silver Key, 2022.
Anoushka Phillips, Set of Rings, Jewelry. Grade 12, Dalton School, New York, NY. Hannah Oatman, Educator. Silver Key, 2022.
What to Expect After You Enter
More than 150 NYC Regional Art & Writing Jurors will gather during December and January to select the regional Honorable Mention, Silver Key, and Gold Key winners. On Friday, January 27, 2023, check your dashboard to see if your work received an award. If so, download your regional certificate and share your accomplishment widely. Don’t forget to tag us using @artandwriting and #goldkey.
- All regional winners will be celebrated at the Regional Awards Ceremony in March. More information will be available in January.
- The 9th Annual NYC Regional Gold Key Exhibition at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Opening Reception will be held on Friday, March 24, 6:00–8:00 pm. SAVE THE DATE!
- All regional Gold Key-winning works will automatically move on to the national competition where they will be considered for National Medals.
On Sundays, she took herself on long walks through the city.Miles Gantcher, Lily, Short Story. Grade 12, Saint Ann’s School, Brooklyn, NY. David Khoury, Educator. Gold Medal, 2022.
Featured Image Credits: Ripley Butterfield, Bad Years, Painting. Grade 12, Edward R. Murrow High School, Brooklyn, NY. Sarah Grace Holcomb, Educator. Gold Key, 2022.