Just like that, it’s September again. Enjoyed your summer? Ready to take on the rest of 2021?
We are excited to launch the 2022 Scholastic Art & Writing Awards. We are officially open for entries! All students who enter the Awards are incredibly courageous besides being fantastically creative. These past couple of years have brought us even closer to our artistry. We can’t wait to see what you got!
GET READY FOR 2022!
What you need TO KNOW!
- Check out our latest NewsRoom blog posts to learn about all of the changes to the Awards this season. Enter the 2022 Scholastic Art & Writing Awards – Newsroom (artandwriting.org) and Updates to the Scholastic Awards—What You Need to Know – Newsroom (artandwriting.org)
- The deadline for NYC entries is Friday, December 3, 2021 at 11:59 pm ET. We highly encourage you to complete your entry early! Log onto your dashboard today to get started. Check out some of the virtual resources below!
- Entry Fees. An individual entry is $7 and portfolios are $25. Students for whom the entry fee poses a barrier to participation are invited and encouraged to complete a fee waiver form in place of the entry fee payment. All fee waiver forms must be uploaded digitally by students through their account. Educators may not upload fee waivers on behalf of students.
- All Payments Online. Fees for entries must be entered digitally via PayPal. The only exception to this policy is for schools/educators covering the entry fees of multiple students. Click here for more information on mailing a bulk payment check. Only checks from schools submitted with the required information will be processed.
- Digitally Upload All Entry Forms. All entry forms must be uploaded digitally via the student or educator dashboard. Mailed-in forms will not be accepted.
- For Seniors: Portfolio entries must contain 6 distinct works and require a Personal Statement and an Artist or Writer Statement. Learn more about the Art Portfolio and Writing Portfolio requirements.
- Guidelines: Students and educators are strongly recommended to read through the category descriptions and submission guidelines before uploading any work. Students are responsible for submitting their work to the proper category and ensuring it adheres to the guidelines. Visit artandwriting.org/categories for more information.
- Review Participation Terms: Students, parents, and educators are encouraged to review our Participation Terms before entering.
- National Awards & Scholarship Opportunities: The Scholastic Awards offer extensive opportunities for recognition and scholarships/cash prizes. Visit our website to learn more about new awards and scholarship opportunities.
- Please visit us at artandwriting.org to learn more.
- Helpful YouTube Videos:
- Scholastic Gold Key Homepage
- How to Enter- Entry Process Playlist
- Check out Student Works Playlist
- Things to Avoid When Entering Art to the Scholastic Awards
HIGHLIGHTS FROM A FANTASTICALLY CREATIVE 2021!
- Around 3,000 NYC students across the five boroughs submitted 10,000 creative works for the 2021 Scholastic Awards!
- NYC teens received more than 500 regional awards at the Silver Key and Gold Key level!
- New York City students earned nearly 150 National Medals for their art and writing entries!
HOW TO GET STARTED!
- Visit artandwriting.org to log in or create your student or educator account.
- All NYC entries are due by 11:59 PM EST on Friday, December 3, 2021.
- Follow the instructions in your account to complete your entry.
Apply today! Due September 24 – Open Call for Artist Banners at Noguchi Museum
Bronx Documentary Center Annex Exhibition
From September 10 to October 3, the Bronx Documentary Center will present a selection of artworks from the 2021 Scholastic Art & Writing Awards, including work by 35 students from the tri-state area and more than 129 students from around the country. In keeping with the mission of the Bronx Documentary Center, the works in this exhibition have been selected from the Scholastic Awards’ pool of National Medalists in the Photography and Film & Animation submission categories. Plan your visit today!
September 10, 2021
5:00 –7:00 pm
Bronx Documentary Center Annex
364 E. 151 Street
Bronx, NY 10455
Bronx Documentary Center Open Hours
Tuesday–Friday: 3:00–7:00 pm
Saturdays and Sundays: 1:00–5:00 pm