Did you catch the feature about the NYC Regional Exhibition on Hyperallergic Online? Click the link below to read more about New York City’s most creative teens, including Brianna Blue, a Brooklyn teen who won the Gold Medal Portfolio Award for her art portfolio.
CELEBRATING OUR NYC AMERICAN VOICES & VISIONS NOMINEES!
Once again this year, the NYC regional program selected five students in art and writing as American Voices & Visions Nominees. These works were carefully selected as the most standout pieces in the region. All nominees were considered at the national level for American Voices & Visions Medals. The final medalists were honored in a star-studded National Ceremony!
Below are the amazing works from the NYC region that were nominated for American Voices & Visions Medals. Congratulations to all of our nominees! And congratulations to our two American Voices & Visions Medalists from New York City who were featured during the National Ceremony.
PREVIEWING OUR AMERICAN VISIONS NOMINEES
2. Montana Lee, Karenography (A Vestige of Bygone Privilege), Expanded Projects. Grade 12, The Bronx High School of Science, Bronx, NY. Wook Choi, Educator. Gold Key, American Visions Nominee
3. Ashley Virgo, Eyes on the Road, Painting. Grade 10, Bayside High School, Queens, NY. Sangah Jung, Educator. Gold Key, American Visions Award
4. Roberto Quesada, High School Admissions in NYC: The Black and Latinx Perspective, Drawing & Illustration. Grade 10. Brooklyn Technical High School, Brooklyn, NY. Laura Blau, Educator. Gold Key, American Visions Nominee
5. Thisbe Wu, Jazz, Drawing & Illustration. Grade 11, Saint Ann’s School, Brooklyn, NY. Angelo Bellfatto, Educator. Gold Key, American Visions Nominee
PREVIEWING OUR AMERICAN VOICES NOMINEES
2. Lilly Sabella, Sleepover, Short Story, Grade 12. Baccalaureate School for Global Education, Queens, NY. Lisbett Rodriguez, Educator. Gold Key, American Voices Nominee
3. Amanda Martinez, Glimpsing Daybreak’s Crumble, Poetry, Grade 11. Townsend Harris High School, Queens, NY. Christine Duffy, Educator. Gold Key, American Voices Nominee
4. Vishnu Bharathram, Do You See the Story?: A Crisis of Language in Heart of Darkness, Critical Essay, Grade 12. Riverdale Country School, Bronx, NY. Kent Kildahl, Educator. Gold Key, American Voices Nominee
Part-time Student Writer Positions
If you are a writer and from Hamilton Heights or New York City, this part-time student writer position would be perfect for you! Check out more details below. If you are interested, send your resume and a brief description of your interest in the project to email@example.com.