Hello NYC Students!
I hope you enjoyed the summer holiday. The 2016-2017 Scholastic Awards cycle kicks off Wednesday September 14th. If you do not already have a login account, you will be able to create one for yourself on that date.
- DOUBLE CHECK TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE SUBMITTING YOUR WORK TO THE PROPER CATEGORY. It is your responsibility to read each category description and determine which one applies to your work.
- YOU MUST PRINT AND MAIL A SUBMISSION FORM. It must be signed by yourself, an educator and parent/guardian. The submission form must be postmarked by December 16th.
- THE SUBMISSION FEE CAN BE PAID ONLINE OR BY MAIL (check, money order or cash).
- The deadline for submissions is December 15th. WAITING UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE TO SUBMIT YOUR WORK IS A HORRIBLE IDEA! Start thinking about your submission now and avoid the frustrations of an overloaded submission portal, tracking your educator down to sign your submission form etc. Set a goal for yourself to submit your work at least 7-10 days before the deadline.
- BE ORIGINAL! Our jurors consistently voice their desire to see more daring work. Be creative. Take risks. And most importantly, be you!
Stay tuned for news about free workshops, events for teens, scholarship opportunities and more!